Thursday 2 October 2014

His House of Submission - Justine Elyot



He's a collector with some kinky interests on the side. She's here to catalogue his most prized possessions. But will she end up being one of them?

Sarah arrives at Jasper Jay's country house thinking she has been hired to take an inventory of his large collection of historical artefacts. But when she and her lover, Will, are caught by Jasper sneaking a peek at some of his more private pieces, she starts to suspect a more ulterior motive.

Alone with Jasper in his secluded manor, Sarah finds herself enthralled by the enigmatic collector. Pretty soon, they’re entangled in an intense relationship of domination and submission that excludes the rest of the world.

Until it intrudes, in the form of a vengeful Will, bent on exposing everything his erstwhile boss has worked so hard to keep secret.


I was given this book in exchange for a review via Netgalley. I am sorry to say I never really grabbed the concept of this story. I found the characters rather boring and uneventful in my opinion. I could easily put this book down and not pick it up again. I'm not sure I can read the other 2 in the series.

Sorry to those who have enjoyed these books, but I find it a rather tedious chore to read about Sarah and Jasper's love life when all she has to do is be his servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment