Friday 28 August 2015

From the Cradle - Louise Voss, Mark Edwards



The first child was taken from her house.
The second from his mother's car.
The third from her own bedroom...
When Helen and Sean Philips go out for the evening, leaving their teenage daughter babysitting little Frankie, they have no idea that they are about to face every parent's greatest fear.
Detective Inspector Patrick Lennon is hopeful that the three children who have been abducted in this patch of south-west London will be returned safe and well. But when a body is found in a local park, Lennon realizes that time is running out—and that nothing in this case is as it seems...
Blending police procedural with psychological thriller, From the Cradle will have every parent checking that their children are safe in their beds...then checking again.

I would like to thank the authors for allowing me to read this book. I have had this book for a bit and also the audio as well. At 1st I wasn't sure how this book was going to pan out due to the nature of the synopsis as it led me to believe that it was like someone taking babies.
As I got further into the book and read more, it got to the part where it was leading the reader to believe there was something more to the storyline that they 1st perceived. DI Patrick Lennon has a past that his colleagues know about, but no one speaks about. I disliked DI Adrian Winkler for his arrogance and downright rude nature lol. But a great story never the less.
The book reminded me of a time when my daughter was little and did a walk about to a main road (I know it's not like she was taken), but it bought back the fear I had all those years ago. Praise for both authors and can't wait to read more from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment