Tuesday 28 July 2015

The Broken by Tamar Cohen



Best friends tell you everything; about their kitchen renovation; about their little girl's schooling. How one of them is leaving the other for a younger model.

Best friends don't tell lies. They don't take up residence on your couch for weeks. They don't call lawyers. They don't make you choose sides.

Best friends don't keep secrets about their past. They don't put you in danger.

Best friends don't always stay best friends.
 


I would like to thank Netgalley, the publishers and the author for allowing me to read this.

This has taken me so long to read it as I could strangle the main characters. I detested them as I felt they was going on and not seeing what was in front of them most of the time. The ending was a surprise and now I understand why this Eloise/Lucie person was being written.

I will definitely read more from Tamar Cohen in the future.


2 comments:

  1. I just finished Dying For Christmas and gave 3/5, wasn't a fan of the characters either but worth reading. I do like this author, well what I have read so far.

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete