Sunday 18 March 2018

The Corpse Role (DI Granger #1) by Keith Nixon



Not everything that gets buried stays buried... sometimes things have a nasty habit of resurfacing…

When the body of a security van driver implicated in an unsolved £1.2 million heist turns up in a shallow grave two years later it’s just the beginning for Detective Inspector Charlotte Granger.

She embarks on an investigation that takes her into dangerous territory – a world of dirty cops, dodgy private investigators, local villains and nosy journalists. Meanwhile events from Granger's own past are threatening to come back and haunt her...
 



I would like to thank Keith Nixon for allowing me to read and review this new series. I've never read anything by this author and was surprised of the outcome.

DI Granger is investigating a murder. A body has shown up in the woods. Been there a while and no one knows who it is. They then find another body in a car outside a pub, but this time it's a retired police officer. What has these 2 bodies got to do with each other. What happened in the past will bring people together in the present and the ramifications from the past has a bad habit of catching up with people.


I found this hard going at times as it kept going from present day to the past. But once I got into the story and followed it, I found it so fascinating and wanted to find out who and what was going on. The ending shocked me as I really thought it was someone different. A great start to a new author and series for me and I can't wait for what happens next and will definitely be reading more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment