Saturday 2 November 2013

Tollesbury Time Forever (Frugality #1) - Stuart Ayris


Tollesbury Time
Nothing is real
And there's nothing
To get hung about

sing the children...

In September 2008 I accompanied the police as they entered a house in Tollesbury. I was a psychiatric nurse at the time. The owner of the house was one of my patients. He had not been seen for two weeks - neither had his wife or his son.

What I saw that evening will stay with me forever. On the walls of the lounge, in tiny, neat black writing, were thousands and thousands of words. The torch beams picked them out as if they were groups of well-ordered flies. The words continued up the stairway, onto the landing walls and into the main bedroom. I had been in the house before and had seen some of the writing upstairs. Still I was mesmerised.

What you are about to read are the words that I saw on those walls...

Tollesbury Time
Nothing is real
And there's nothing
To get hung about..

What an amazing and thought provoking book. Stuart Ayris is a great author and writes with attention to detail of what it's like to deal with people with Mental Illness and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment